Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Stalling for time...

Grabbing the bull by its horns has proved somewhat time consuming. I've almost reached the stage where I can take a breath and write about it.

Without realizing I was about to, I've gone and started an entirely new business, with a whole new line of furniture. The work will debut at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair on May 17th - 20th, and then I have a meeting in Scottsdale for a few days, with a little committee of four who've been tasked with determining the path of the Furniture Society over the next five years.

So I've got tons of free time.

This new venture has been exhausting and exciting and educational and terrifying. I'm going to lay it all out and describe the process of how this has happened/is happening, step by step.

Before I do that, I have a funny story about procrastination to share.

But, um, not right now, appropriately enough.


In the meantime, for the month of May, The Subway Chronicles has seen fit to publish a story I wrote fifteen years ago.

Enjoy.

Oh, yeah - it's my birthday. Be nice to me today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Spoken word performances? Really, now.

Congratulations on getting to another birthday relatively intact and happy.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Savage Henry said...

Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that people who have the most birthdays live the longest.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Corman said...

Don't listen to Henry. Corman Institute research shows that birthdays are chronic and fatal.

The more you have the more likely it becomes that you could die at any moment.

Any. Moment.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy post-birthday! So, it's like AARP benefits and Social Security payments kicking in and everything? Drinks are on you!

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home